Re: new dh_python proposal

On 15.01.2010 11:58, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
* no need for helper in Depends and Build-Depends - I want dh_python and
   pycompile/pyclean to be shipped in python packages,

agreed. once these helper tools are mature for unstable/experimental, please add yourself as an uploader to python-defaults. I assume this is work which will land in squeeze.

I'll see to change dh_pycentral to generate the installation scripts based on pycompile/pyclean such that no more runtime dependency on python-central is needed anymore. It would help in having to touch each source for the dh_pycentral/dh_python replacement.

  Matthias