Re: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system foo.egg-info/SOURCES.txt

On Friday 15,January,2010 04:39 PM, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 02:16:10PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
>> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:
>>
>>> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> (15/01/2010):
>>>
>>> Just rm it in clean?
>>
>> But that would also result in a change from the original upstream
>> source. No?
>
> Backup and restore the file?  I do that with some autotools stuff in a
> package in order to keep a clean diff.
dpkg-source doesn't record deletions of files. So if you rm the changed files
away, dpkg-source won't take note of it and your diff.gz will be clean. In the
case of autotools stuff, something like find -name Makefile.in -delete after an
autoreconf works well.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin