I'd like to join the debian-python team

Hi!

I submitted a request via alioth and then realized while reading the
python-modules-policy page that maybe I should have submitted it here.

In the last year two python modules that I've packaged for Ubuntu have
been packaged separately in Debian, and several Ubuntu developers have
encouraged me to do this work in Debian instead of Ubuntu, so that more
people can benefit from it and less duplication. Sounds good!

Currently I'm interested mostly in packaging python modules that I use
myself and think are generally applicable - some of the software I'm
currently interested in getting packaged is:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/windmill/1.3
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/txAMQP/0.3
http://graphite.wikidot.com/start

I'm also very interested in Erlang, and have been doing a bit of work on
the Erlang debian packaging team on CouchDB.

I'm not (yet) a Debian or Ubuntu developer so I can't upload myself but
need sponsors, and not *expert* in packaging, though I've created a
handful of packages before and understand the basics pretty well I
think. I'm comfortable in C, make, scripting, python, and not easily
discouraged when debugging, so I think I'd be able to do a good job
helping out with maintenance of packages. I'm also very comfortable
being an ambassador to upstream projects, sending patches upstream, and
requesting changes in release procedure to make packaging easier.

I'm reading the policy here:
http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html

And if accepted the first thing I would work on is packaging whisper,
which is one of the modules in the graphite system I linked earlier.
 http://pypi.python.org/pypi/whisper/0.9.5

May I join your team?
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/