Re: Python packaging

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 09.12:54 Alessandro Dentella wrote:
> there has been a fairly long thread with title 'XS-Python-Version vs
> pyversions ' some days ago, you may want to read it at:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/09/threads.html

Hmm.

Reading only the first few messages:
 -> there was a BoF where something was discussed
 -> the Python Toolchain maintainer isn't doing his Job
 -> some ignore what was discussed/decided/requested/demanded at that BoF
 -> what this actually was and why is in the minds of a few people and not
written down.

I don't think I want to read that.

I guess I'll just cobble something together that installs on my system, then
upload, and then react to bug reports.  I don't have time to help design a
better Python policy and/or port the current one to Python3.

[still, thanks for the link]

cheers
-- vbi

[cc:s still appreciated.]

--
Example is not the main thing in influencing others.  It is the only thing.
		-- Albert Schweitzer