Debian packaging documentation for Python packages (was: How do I know if my package is 'arch-all' or 'arch-any'?)

anatoly techtonik <techtonik@gmail.com> writes:

> I do not argue. I just want to say that for people with Python
> background this information should be structured in different manner
> omitting various irrelevant and confusing details.

If you feel that should be done, you're welcome to devote resources to
help it happen.

In the meantime, there is already documentation for people who wish to
become Debian package maintainers.

> Ok. I may be wrong. Do you have a list of literature for people who
> want to become a maintainer of Python package?

Start with the documentation for those who want to become the maintainer
of any Debian package <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/>. (The term
“Developers” applies in this case, though it should rather say
“maintainers” these days.)

Then, after you have absorbed the common knowledge germane to any Debian
package maintainer, you should learn the Debian Python policy, which is
an *auxiliary* document requiring the reader to have good knowledge of
the central Debian packaging documentation.

> Preferably in an order for zero Debian student who have read chapter
> "Distributing Python Modules" from Python Manual. I will be happy to
> put it on wiki and refresh my knowledge.

Please don't expect the Debian wiki to be a primary source of official
documentation. Many of the more useful documents are maintained in a
less chaotic manner and would not be improved by residing there.

--
 \       “If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; |
  `\     but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” —Donald |