Re: jQuery dependency for Trac 0.11 should be < 1.3

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 6:24 PM, W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> wrote:

> It would be helpful, if you could state the exact problems you
> had because of the newer jQuery.

Not 100% sure it was only jQuery (can't test this right now) but, for
example, I could not drill down beneath the first level in template
debugger of TracDeveloper plugin.

>> It is not necessary to do the extra job of removing jQuery liver from
>> the Trac body at all. The only advantage I see are security patches.
>> Anything else?
>
> Security is only an example. Any kind of error is relevant.

Then why can't you wait until upstream developers, whose product
bundles that library, confirm, validate, test and release fix for that
error in their source package together with release announcement? Also
in the case of Trac/jQuery.

--
anatoly t.