Re: Python Bindings for MLT

Hello,

* Jonathan Thomas <jonathan.oomph@gmail.com>, 2009-12-15, 13:16:
I have done my best to package the MLT Python bindings (which were generated
using Swig), and I have published to my own
PPA<https://launchpad.net/%7Ejonoomph/+archive/openshot-edge>(hosted
on LaunchPad).  I am fairly certain that my build script needs to be
improved.  For example, I never could figure out how to copy the MLT Python
bindings to the /site-packages/ folder, so I created a postinst file...
which can't be the best way.

Right, that's not event an acceptable way. Those files don't need to be installed into /site-packages/, python-support should take care to put them in the right place once you remove maintainer scripts and the DEB_PYTHON_INSTALL_ARGS_ALL line from debian/rules.

Anyway, these bindings should not have a separate source package. Just ask mlt maintainers (preferably via a bug report) to build binary package with Python bindings out of their source.

--
Jakub Wilk