Re: RFS: gwibber

Hi Piotr,

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:20:17 +0200
Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:

> [I just took a quick look at the package, I'm still on VAC]
Thanks!

I've realised that I shouldn't have requested sponsorship for this yet,
because one of its dependencies is still an ITP.  I'm chasing that up,
and will include the changes mentioned below in the package for which I
eventually seek sponsorship.

> [Daniel Watkins, 2008-09-02 23:08]
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gwibber".
>
> PAPT is in Uploaders so you can add the package to our TODO list[1]
> and/or ping us on #debian-python
Will do, as per above.

> from homepage:
> | Please note that this is pre-alpha software
>
> are you sure you want to upload it to unstable? How about
> experimental?
Well, I've been using it regularly without issue, so I'd have no qualms
about it going into unstable.

> Did you contact Jorge and ask him about co-maintaining this package?
I did not.  Jorge contacted me, having seen my ITP.  His intent is to
derive the Ubuntu packaging in future from the Debian packaging.

> Vcs-* fields are missing, python2.5 is hardcoded in debian/control
> (you probably want "python (>= 2.5)")
Fixed.

Dan

--