Re: how to package trac modules?

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 09:21:08AM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create packages of trac plugins at least
> for local use (Account manager, web admin).
>
> what is the best way to handle these?
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPlugins
> tells me they use ez_setup.py, but the whole automatic download stuff
> is the opposite of the traditional debian way with orig.tar.gz.

  You will have to download the sources yourself obviously :)

> also trac wants *.egg files in /usr/share/trac/plugins,
> that seems to be very far off the debian python policy.

  Well, hell no ! I don't think it's against the policy at all:
/usr/share/trac/plugins is a private module path, hence it's OK to put
.egg, .py or whatever. Though, when you'll use e.g. dh_pysupport, you'll
have to pass it the path where you put your installed files as it won't
be able to guess it, that's all.

> has anyone already looked into trac plugins? what is the best way to
> handle these?

  IMHO you should rather contact the trac maintainer on this issue, as
he should be the one having the more clues and good advices here IMHO.

·O·  Pierre Habouzit