Re: python2.5 fails to import pygtk and gtk modules

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 03:20:10PM +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
>         Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2007, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> > I tried to do some development using Etch's python2.5, but it fails to
> > import pygtk and gtk modules and this is a regression IIRC. v2.4 works
> > fine.
>
>  "pyversions --supported" only returns python2.4, so the source package
>  does not build the 2.5 flavor.  Either patch pygtk's debian/rules or
>  patch pyversions and rebuild pygtk.

Happy new year everyone.

Am I the only one with a mixed feeling about this? I mean, we spent time
last spring updating our packages to use the new Python policy, write
nice loops in debian/rules to build for all versions specified by
`pyversions -r -v`. Now we would need to tweak the Makefile again and
clutter it with a hardcoded "2.5" in the list even though this version is
requested debian/control (or in some other place if you chose the other
way without XS-Python-Version).

I have to admit that I am a bit disapointed by this, to say the least.
Why are we shipping python2.5 in etch if we don't ship the python
extension modules people expect to find (PIL, mx.DateTime, Numeric...)

<sigh>

Reprise et maintenance de sites CPS:     http://www.migration-cms.com/