Re: Dependency problem replacing dh_python with dh_pysupport

Le dim 20 août 2006 09:48, Cameron Dale a écrit :
> I'm currently working on updating my package to use python-support,
> and I'm having problems with the dependencies it's generating. I've
> removed dh_python from my rules file and deleted debian/pycompat so
> that only dh_pysupport is generating the ${python:Depends}. However,
> when I build the package, the dependencies generated only include
> python-support, and not python (which dh_python used to generate).
> This should work though, as python-support depends on python, but
> this causes lintian errors for
>
> E: bittornado: python-script-but-no-python-dep
> ./usr/bin/bttrack.bittornado

this is a lintian "bug". when you simply need to depend upon python (not
versionned) as python-support and python-central already do, and that
you depend upon them, the depends is not added.

lintian has to be fixed in that regard.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit