Re: [HELP] new policy with a compiled python program and generic python plugin module

Le ven 30 juin 2006 21:03, Vincent Danjean a écrit :
>   Hi,
>
>   I'm converting one of my package (commit-tool) to the new policy.
> I was thinking it will be easy, but I found several difficulties.
> I'm able to deal with them so that I will be conformed to the new
> policy, but I would like to do the Right Things.
>
> [...]
>   So, I would be glad to get help/comments/advices on this, in
> particular on the way to generate dependencies for my B (B1 or B2)
> proposal.

you need to compile the public modules for every python version.
and the private module + gct only for /usr/bin/python (beeing python2.3
currently).

that is made by installing the modules to be compiled into every:

usr/lib/$python/site-packages/$(package)/

for each python in $(shell pyversions -r).

for the rest, just use the standard mechanism of your package to install
the package, and if there is private modules, pass it to
dh_py{central,support}.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit