Re: New Python policy

Joe Wreschnig (piman@sacredchao.net):
> I have updated the Python policy document based on the discussions on
> the list. An updated DebianDoc (and HTML and text files) can be found at
> http://people.debian.org/~piman/python-policy/.

great work!

[...]
> It does not:
>  1) Cover CDBS, since I don't know how to use it properly
>  2) Give examples for Python packages without using debhelper;
>     I suspect those are now almost impossible to make sanely.

What about an Egg support? I think it's worth mentioning in policy

I'm talking about:
* --single-version-externally-managed parameter passed to
  `setup.py install` or DEB_PYTHON_INSTALL_ARGS_ALL (CDBS)
* Egg's dirname's issue (python's/module's version in dirname)

--
-=[     Piotr Ozarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-