pygtk 1.2 transition problem

I've updated glimmer to build against python 2.3 and the new
python-gtk-1.2 package, but have run into problems running it. I'm
wondering what has changed; is there an easy workaround? (I know some
python but am not, by any means, a python hacker.)

import pygtk
pygtk.require('1.2')
from gtk import *
import _gtk
import _gnome
import _gnomeui

Fatal Python error: could not import _gtk

One other question: could someone (Sebastien?) let me know if the new
python-gtk-1.2 (etc) packages are meant for sarge? If not, it'll be
difficult to get any pygtk 1.2 using packages into sarge.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

My weblog doesn't detail my personal life: http://me.woot.net