Fwd: python-biggles bug

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 02:48:46PM +1000, Peter Hawkins wrote:
> Hi...
>

> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 02:31 pm, you wrote:
> > the python-biggles source package should produce a python-biggles
> > binary package that depends on python2.2-biggles. this would be in
> > addition to python2.[12]-biggles. this would make python-biggles
> > compliant with the python policy and similar to other python module
> > packages.
>
> Not in my reading of python policy. As far as I can see the creation
> of a python-module package is optional. Then again the python policy
> document is pretty unreadable in this section and needs to be fixed.
> If you have issues with this way of doing things (ie. no default
> package), then please get an authoritative answer from the guys who
> maintain python-policy (and get them to make their document clearer),
> and then ask me again.
>
> I can't think of a reason why you'd want the default package (as far
> as I can see they are useless, since you have to rebuild your
> packages every time a new python version comes out anyway). As an
> alternative, tell me why you need a default package and I'll create
> one (I just don't really see the point).
>
> =)
> Peter

above is an email from an exchange between myself and the maintainer of
python-biggles. i told him that python policy says his source package
should produce a python-biggles package that works with the default
version of python. he thinks that it is not useful. he also said that
he thought python policy was unclear on this issue.

what do you guys think?

--
gram