Re: Debian Python Policy [draft]

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 07:33:26PM -0700, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> 1.2. Module Path
> ----------------
>
>      Python searches a number of directories for modules.  The module
>      search path for Debian has been ordered to include these locations at
>      the beginning of the path in the following order:
>
>           /usr/local/lib/site-python
>           /usr/local/lib/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages
>           /usr/lib/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages

I think this:

  /usr/local/lib/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages
  /usr/local/lib/site-python
  /usr/lib/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages

should be the order. If I, for any reason, have more than two versions of
coexisting Python interpreters, and have modules version-independent that
works for two or more of them and one version-dependent module, I'd like
to search before for version-dependent.

I don't know how often this bizarre scenario occurs, but...

And what happened to /usr/lib/site-python?