Do we want to talk about the value of Distribution Curating in the context of Open Source Supply Chain Issues

The latest is
https://www.zdnet.com/article/hundreds-more-malicious-packages-found-in-npm-factory/

Unfortunately, I've seen this  turning into generally negative stories
on open source supply chain reliability.

I think that Debian tends to have a great response to such supply chain
trust.  Namely we build a community, and typically multiple people are
involved in getting software into Debian.

As a consequence, we aren't able to package everything.
But I think we are much less likely to run into these sort of supply
chain attacks.
Mind, not impossible.
But I think it would be good to talk about the advantages of Debian in
this space.

Any thoughts/interest?

--Sam