Re: DebConf22 publicity coverage (CfP, sponsors, and more): volunteers needed

Hi Laura,

I can do it.

Best regards,

Em 17/03/2022 16:14, Laura Arjona Reina escreveu:
Dear all

The call for proposals for DebConf22 has been published:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2022/03/msg00009.html

We usually publish this and other important news about DebConf in bits.debian.org (although they are published in debconf22.debconf.org too), to get wider coverage (e.g. it goes to planet.debian.org, we also publish a micronews, etc) and also some translations.

If anybody can take the text and format from the mail or the DebConf22 website and make a bits post, I'm happy to publish it. The markdown is slightly different. You have a template for a post in bits here:

https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/bits/-/blob/master/template.md

and if you prefer to work collaboratively you can use https://deb.li/publipad

If nobody steps ahead, I'll try to find time during Friday to do it.

In a more general case, somebody leading the DebConf publicity coverage for this year is needed. The work is not much until the conference, and it's easy, and I'm happy to help, but would prefer other person(s) to contribute too and lead the process. The bare minimum is:

* Articles in bits.d.o for CfP + micronews
* Micronews about registration open, and other news published in debconf22.debconf.org * Articles in bits.d.o welcoming sponsors, and single article for each platinum sponsor (plus the corresponding micronews) * Micronews reminding deadlines (bursaries, CfP) or other important info (e.g. Schedule published, DebCamp and DebConf dates...)

During the conference, we usually do a somehow intense micronews coverage announcing the different scheduled talks with several micronews each day (about 8-10 micronews per day), and if some publicity member is in person, sending photos or other kind of news.

Any volunteer? It's not needed to attend in person to the conference but it can be an opportunity for somebody wanting to go or for a local member, to step ahead this rol and enjoy double :-)

People interested are highly encouraged to join #debian-publicity IRC channel and coordinate from there. I'll write there if I do any task (I am present in #debconf-team too, but not actively participating so if you want something from me, from there, you'd need to mention me directly).

Kind regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil