Re: I think we should respond to claim that Debian is the Most Vulnerable Operating System

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 04:01:37PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 03:50:12PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > https://www.linux.com/news/debian-linux-was-the-most-vulnerable-operating-system-in-the-last-20-years/
>
> https://www.heise.de/security/meldung/Debian-ist-eher-nicht-das-unsicherste-Betriebssystem-der-letzten-20-Jahre-4679682.html
> is a good reply already, pointing out the several flaws in the original article
> (which interestling enough linux.com fails to link too) this one is based on.
>
> I'm not convinved we should reply to very bad journalism.

Agreed. It's impossible to reply to all the bad journalism out there...
And people not applying any critical thinking to this article, are not the
ones who are going to read any reply we publish.

This said, if somebody wants to prepare a blogpost about how is security
handled in Debian, that would be a wonderful. Contact the team or me directly
if you want help on this.

Ana