Re: Languages in manpages-l10n

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Am Sa., 29. Feb. 2020 um 22:47 Uhr schrieb Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
<jpmengual@debian.org>:
> […]

> >> I think we should use debian-i18n for this.
> >>
> > I don't think so. Although manpages-l10n resides on a Debian server,
> > it is distribution-agnostic. We support four distros, and depending on
> > the packaging efforts, it is imagineable to support some more soon.
> > Bad idea in my opinion to force the current and the possible future
> > translators to subscribe to a pure Debian mailing list with lots of
> > garbage for people who don't use Debian or one of its derivatives.
>
> Then a specific mailing list would be a good idea. But where, no idea.

I've no problem to subscribe to a mailing list within the Debian
ecosystem, but the general and Debian-specific i18n list would be a
bad idea; we need a new one. For possible contributors out there, it
would give the impression that manpages-l10n is a Debian project, but
it isn't.

Best Regards,
Mario