   Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Recognized as a Distribution
   of Linux
   Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 13:55:52 -0400
   From: Danny Haidar <haidar@freedomboxfoundation.org>
   To: freedombox-discuss@alioth-lists.debian.net
   <freedombox-discuss@alioth-lists.debian.net>

   Hi everyone,

   Good news: DistroWatch has officially recognized the FreedomBox
   operating system as a distribution of Linux! This means that FreedomBox
   is now listed in DistroWatch's authoritative database of Linux and BSD
   distributions. It's considered a rite of passage for an operating
   system to be listed on DistroWatch. And FreedomBox has finally gained
   this honor!

   One thing stands out to me about this news: this is a win for Debian
   Pure Blends.

   Though FreedomBox is now listed as its own distribution on DistroWatch,
   we remain committed to Debian and our status as a pure blend. Indeed,
   FreedomBox is not the first Debian pure blend to be listed on
   DistroWatch: Debian Edu/Skolelinux has also been listed. The fact that
   pure blends are successful enough to achieve distribution status in
   their own right is a testament to Debian's strength as a stable base of
   software packages. FreedomBox is proof that you can build a
   fully-functional, specialized operating system without ever leaving the
   Debian ecosystem. I view our listing on DistroWatch as more proof that
   it is possible to succeed as a pure blend, despite the challenges.

   Check out FreedomBox's official listing on DistroWatch here:
   https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=freedombox+

   Check out our full news story here:
   https://freedomboxfoundation.org/news/distrowatch/

   Congrats, everyone!

   Best,

   Danny
--
Danny Haidar*
Vice-President for Product & Development

* Not admitted to practice law in any jurisdiction.
Nothing in this email constitutes legal advice.
I cannot establish any attorney-client relationships.