Re: Presenting Debian to the user at cloud provider marketplaces

On 7/8/19 6:48 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Raphael> To me, it does not seem wrong to have a small mention of
>     Raphael> credativ close to the azure image if they did the work
>     Raphael> (even if they were paid by Microsoft).
>
> I think finding ways to credit people who are supporting Debian is
> valuable for the long-term health of our community.
> I wonder whether some phrase that is not as strong as "provided by
> Credativ" would be a reasonable compromise.

That's very much my thoughts. I also think it's nice if credativ is
greeted, but in a different way. It's great if they can benefit from it,
and get even more business in the long run. I wish them success. But not
like this. Credativ isn't the only contributor to Debian, neither it is
in the cloud image bits.

Thomas