Re: Request: Debian on Instagram

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:27 PM Paul Sutton wrote:

> Surely we would be better off posting content to the fediverse though.

We already do that automatically:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/micronews
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/otherSN

Personally I think creating content centrally on bits/micronews and
fanning it out to all networks is the way to go. The Fediverse wasn't
the first libre social network and it is unlikely to be the last one.

> In some ways people stay on proprietary networks due to content, if we
> can create content on the free decentralised networks people may
> switch,  and even more likely if we can engage there too.

The folks on the libre networks are already Free Software users and
probably advocates, the folks on the proprietary networks are often
the ones who need to be reached and convinced to try out Free
Software.

--
bye,
pabs