Re: Phoronix on Debian AH team

Hi

El 6 de junio de 2019 23:11:12 CEST, Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> escribió:

[...]

>  Hae we ever tried to reach
>out to the people at Phoronix and build a connection to them.

No. They didn't contact us and we didn't reach out either.

Following is my personal opinion.

We in Debian (not only the publicity team, also most of the people/teams writing to -devel-announce) try to choose the wording of the announcements, blog posts, micronews, mails, etc., knowing that they will have an impact. Sometimes, even with well thought wording, some media will get, amplify or distort the part they consider will bring them more clicks or whatever.

I think we cannot do much more about it given our small resources and that our priorities and these media's priorities only appear to be similar, but in fact they tend to be quite different.

Kind regards
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona