Re: Debian Presentation

Hi again Paul,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 09:09:46PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> On 17/04/2019 13:43, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for sharing your presentation!
> >
> > It says "LICENSE Creative commons".  It's not really clear _which_ CC license
> > you mean there.  You might want to change that to e.g.  "CC BY 4.0", see
> > https://creativecommons.org/choose/ for information on how to choose a CC
> > license.
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 01:26:31PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
>
> Made a few more updates,  added the diversity statement too, also tried
> to make sure all slides are using the \block element in LaTeX.
>
> https://github.com/zleap/DebianPresentation
>
> I need to get this moved over to Salsa at some point too.

Yes, that'd be cool.  Also, publishing proper commits on individual sources
files would be helpful for collaboration.  (We've discussed this on IRC.)

One minor remark: On your slide "languages" you list 30 languages.

However, on https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2019/20190415 it
says:

 Localization status
 76 languages are supported in this release.
 Full translation for 38 of them.

More details at
https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/translation-status.html

The tricky thing is: different aspects of Debian system have different levels
of translation status.  I believe the Debian installer is available in most
languages.

Looking at e.g. the GNOME system, it says, at
https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.32/ :

 Thanks to members of the worldwide GNOME Translation Project, GNOME 2.32
 offers support for more than 50 languages with at least 80 percent of strings
 translated, including the user and administration manuals for many languages.

So, listing only 30 languages in your slides is a bit too pessimistic imho :)

Thanks for your work!

HTH, Bye,

Joost