Slug: debian-perl-sprint-2018
Date: 2018-06-05 21:15
Author: Dominic Hargreaves
Tags: perl, sprint, hh2018

Three members of the [Debian Perl](https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup) team met in Hamburg between May 16 and May 20 2018 as part of the [Mini-DebConf Hamburg](https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/de/2018/MiniDebConfHamburg) to continue perl development work for Buster and to work on QA tasks across our 3500+ packages.

The participants had a good time and met other Debian friends. The [sprint](https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2018/DebianPerlSprint) was productive:

* 21 bugs were filed or worked on, many uploads were accepted.
* The transition to Perl 5.28 was prepared, and versioned provides were again worked on.
* Several cleanup tasks were performed, especially around the move from Alioth to Salsa in documentation, website, and wiki.
* For src:perl, autopkgtests were enabled, and work on Versioned Provides has been resumed.