possible to have something like AMA and ask about specific teams/roles

Dear all,

In recent past I have been interacting with reddit quite a bit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/ . While many people put up AMA's - AMA
in this context stands for Ask Me Anything (an acronym I didn't know.)

I was thinking maybe could announce an AMA on say #debian-publicity
(where else would be better) and either have Laura, me or anybody who
wants to be the chair for that particular meeting.

It will basically be a Q&A, the transcript done by meetbot with some
of the interesting bits highlighted by the chair . If the chair, the
person who is answering or anybody who is on the channel wants to
highlight a particular sentence/paragraph can do it.

@Laura and other members of the publicity team what do you all think ?

We would give a 2 weeks from announcements and announce time and
channel #debian-publicity  where either people can ask questions or
just mail them in debian-publicity@lists.debian.org

An example about how this works -

Let's say we ask the debian-ftpmaster team if they are willing to have
sometime away to answer few generic questions, say about 45-minutes to
an hour (or more depending upon interest)

Today is 13th , so we could ask them if 27th or 28th is ok with them.

If they say yes to both, then we announce it via the various micronews
and whatever way we can. I can put up a blog post about the idea .

Then people apart from being on the channel on the appointed time,
those who can't for one reason or other, timezone issues etc. we could
ask them to drop a mail with the subject line

Sub :- [debian-ftpmaster]  Can you tell us some of the common reasons
that packages get rejected ?

We have that 2 weeks window so we should get enough queries from DD,
DM's and even the occasional lighter vein joke .

It basically will do two things, it will help in removing or at least
dislodging some of the myths perpetuated within Debian itself or even
outside.

What do people think about it ?

Comments, critique all welcome.

--