Re: Suggestion about publishing news about sources.debian.org migration

Hello Boyuan, friends of publicity and friends of debsources

El 02/12/17 a las 02:57, Boyuan Yang escribió:
> [cc me please -- not on list]
>
> Hello all,
>
> I think it is be appropriate to publish news about the domain migration from
> sources.debian.net to sources.debian.org. A semi-official post on
> micronews.debian.org might be enough.

I think it's a good idea but probably a micronews is short (IMO even a
DPN paragraph may be short, too).
What about publishing an article in bits.debian.org?

I'm including the maintainers of debsources in the conversation, for the
case they are already thinking about making an announcement, we can
write it together :)

I would try to convey, at least, these ideas:

* What is debsources, brief history (we published
https://bits.debian.org/2013/07/introducing_sources.debian.net.html, we
can reference to it)

* The service is now accessible via sources.debian.org

* Future of sources.debian.net? (This I don't know, I see SSL cert
expired but otherwise the service is running there. Will stay as a mirror?)

* Thanks to everybody involved (debsources team, IRILL, DSA... anybody
else we need to mention?)

As with every bits.d.o post, right after publishing we would publish
also a micronews.

Best regards

--
Laura Arjona Reina