Re: Urgent: Clound images for Stretch announcement

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 09:21:54PM +0200, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the current Debian Stretch announcement (still open for editing),
> we mention only the OpenStack images. I was wondering about the availability
> of other official images: GCE, AWS, Azure?
>
> Please, see the current announcement at
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/announcements.git/tree/en/drafts/stretch-release.wml
> line 161. I would like to add the other images and move it all to their
> own paragrpah.

Thanks for the quick replies Zach and Bastian.

It's finally going to be too short to have everybody replying properly
on time. I also doubt we're going to be able to squeeze all the relevant
information in a small paragraph in the announcement and I'm not liking a
lot the idea of pointing to external sources in the stretch announcement.

New plan: publishing a blog post in bits.debian.org about Debian stretch
images for the cloud on Tuesday 20 June.

>From the Debian Cloud Sprint [1] and the wiki page [2] looks like the
idea of "official images" is still work in progress. So for the
purpose of this blog post I'll consider all images are unofficial
and the information presented by the post will be merely to inform
users how they can run Debian in their favorite cloud provider.

I have created a pad https://pad.riseup.net/p/stretchcloudimages with
some questions. I'd like you to add there all the relevant information
and I will do my best to create a nice blog post.

[1] Report from debian-cloud meeting https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2016/11/msg00100.html
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud

Thank you,
Ana