Re: have new packages listed on the debian landing page

at bottom :-

On 13/05/2017, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-05-13 at 11:32 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>
>> Pabs you are correct. I removed and downloaded it again and still it is
>> HTML.
>> [$] wget
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/dpn.git/tree/scripts/get-new.sh
>
> This URL is only for browsers, please use the download URL instead:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/dpn.git/plain/scripts/get-new.sh
>
> --
> bye,
> pabs
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

aha, ok. The above resulted into successes and a bit more.

1. I got a list which has something around 1000 odd packages and libraries

2. Then I downloaded process.pl from the same place as shared by pabs -

wget https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/dpn.git/plain/scripts/process.pl

3. Changed the mode to have executable bit

$ chmod +x process.pl

Then ran it -

$ ./process.pl

4. It started churning out entries like these on stdout -

<li><a href="https://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/libupnp-1.8-10";>libupnp-1.8-10
— Portable SDK for UPnP Devices, version 1.8 (shared library)</a></li>

Now I have two queries -

1. How can I get the output I am getting on CLI I can have on a file -
would something like/similar to

[$] ./process.pl > list.json

work or something better ?

2. Is there a way to remove libraries from the list itself ? It would
make the list smaller and something on which manual processing could
be easily done if the description is also there.

FWIW am sharing the list that is generated.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल