Re: Is metrics.debian.net dead or am I missing something ?

Hi Shirish

(CC'ing you vecause I don't know if you are subscribed. I'm subscribed so no need to CC me)

El 17 de febrero de 2017 10:59:31 CET, "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com> escribió:
>Hi all,
>
>I came to know about metrics.debian.net from
>https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2014/07/ as part of looking
>to spam cleanup.
>
>I looked at the webpage and looked at couple of metrics which seemed
>promising to me -
>
>http://metrics.debian.net/m/package_stats
>
>and
>
>http://metrics.debian.net/m/vcs
>
>Now the latest run for package stats as shown in the table is from
>2016-05-27 00:00:12.927601 while the graph shows stats till 2017-01-01
>.
>
>I also found the colors a bit confusing - perhaps for something like
>stable, testing and unstable (sid) there should have been more
>contrasting colors. Having similar color scheme makes it confusing,
>for instance the top-most line in the graph is probably experimental
>or unstable/sid, which it is I have no idea. If I assume it to be
>unstable/sid then experimental is nowhere to be seen. Below that seems
>to be testing/stretch and below that is stable/jessie which is being
>seen as a straight line.
>
>Similarly, the vcs page - http://metrics.debian.net/m/vcs
>
>the graph seems totally wrong while the stats seem to be more in-line
>with my thought process i.e. git being the king and all.
>
>But as can be seen, even that seems to be missing latest stats -

As it can be seen in the mail list thread you pointed, we (publicity) were asked to spread the word about metrics.d.n, but this project was not run by us.

I suggest you contact Joseph Bisch or have a look at the GSoC projects of former year and subsequent years, to figure out what happened with metrics.d.n.

OTOH tere are/have been several different initiatives in Debian to show metrics/graphs about the project. I doubt they all (the 'current ones' and the defunct ones) are gathered together in one place, but I guess a search for "metrics" in the Debian Wiki will give good results to any person interested in this. Some of these projects may have been abandoned in favor of other metrics

Cheers

>Last run seemed to be at 2014-05-29 00:14:48.632243
>
>Comments, anyone.

Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona