Re: bits.d.o as an onion service

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your mail and patch, it's very welcome!

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 10:56:16AM +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As listed on onion.debian.org bits.debian.org is available via
> 4ypuji3wwrg5zoxm.onion [0] as an onion service, which works in so far as
> the content can be accessed this way, but the CSS file as well as the
> logo are hardcoded to be fetched from https://bits.debian.org which
> makes accessing it via an onion service less useful…
>
> Also: all internal links point to the 'normal' domain, too, so it isn't
> easy to stick to the onion service address while browsing the postings.
>

> The attached draft patch should resolve this and as a bonus fixes some
> other minor problems, too. I have never used pelican through and don't
> know if there isn't a deeper reason for the absolute URL hiding
> somewhere… (the comment is a tiny bit suspicious).
> I just quickly tested it and it doesn't seem to explode directly… so
> feel free to ignore/salvage my diff as you see fit. Shout if you want
> me to produce a proper patch series instead.
>
> I haven't touched one problem through: The html5shiv URI used for IE is
> returning 404 by now so you would need to find a replacement – assuming
> support couldn't be just dropped… aside: I don't see html5 elements
> being used here in the template at all. Was that intended?
>

> The same absolute URL problem is present with micronews.debian.net btw
> as it uses the same technical base.

I have applied most of your changes from the patch and removed the html5shiv
URI.
The absolute path hardcoding was due to a problem with the RSS feed IIRC at
the time of creating the blog (I don't remember very well the details
anymore).
The hardcode path was left with the idea of fixing it after launching
the blog and got forgotten. I can imagine how bad it looks when browsing
the onion service, I'm looking at it now.

If you have more changes, feel free to apply them directly in git (it's
writeable for all DDs). You can create a branch if you feel the changes
need discussion.

Ana