Re: DPN 2015/07 frozen. Please review and translate.

On 09/01/2015 03:29 PM, Justin B Rye wrote:
jean-pierregiraud@neuf.fr wrote:
Justin B Rye wrote:
I can get this close:

 git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/publicity/dpn.git
 cd dpn
 [edit file]
 git diff
 git -m "first pass" commit

But this tells me "Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'",
whatever that means.  Should I perhaps be doing something other than a
commit?  Should I have started with something other than a clone?
Did you try this in /dpn:
git commit -a -m "first pass"
then
git push
Well, I gather that as a first-time git user I also need to do various
other incantations - the ones it tells me about are
 git config --global user.name "Justin B Rye"
 git config --global user.email justin.byam.rye@gmail.com
 git commit --amend --reset-author -m "first pass"
 git config --global push.default simple

It works for me
Not for me; when I try the "git push", it just says

 fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /publicity/dpn.git

Maybe I need to roll up one of my trouserlegs?

And now "git diff" tells me that (perhaps because I've "committed" my
changes?) there's no diff, so I can't even attach one here; instead
here's my modified version.
It seems we all have different methods:

git clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/publicity/dpn.git
cd dpn
[edit]
git commit index.wml
git push
(text editor automatically opens for comments)
(write comments and save)
/fin

Justin I pushed your previously attached index.wml