Re: Please review/translate Asia security mirror announcement

Hi,

On Thu Jan 29, 2015 at 12:52:18 +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> >> Why "*the* new host"?  Have we had this host working as a security
> >> mirror for a while before we finally managed to move it to Japan?  Or
> >> has a machine that was already in Japan been set up as a new security
> >> mirror?  The latter would be something more like

> >>   behind "security.debian.org" has recently been set up in Japan, with
> >>   the help of SAKURA Internet, Inc.</p>
> >>
> >> (Should the quotes around security.debian.org be <q> tags or <tt> tags
> >> or what?  And how about http://ishikari.sakura.ad.jp/index_eng.html?)
> >>
> > IIRC there was a mirror in that region but was changed. Without some
> > historical data we can at this time only guess without some input from a
> > member of the mirrors team. In the meantime I've changed the order of
> > wording in the paragraph to sidestep the exact why and focus more on the
> > what.
>
> So now it's:

>  The Debian Project is pleased to announce with the help of SAKURA Internet, Inc,
>  a new host behind security.debian.org. The new mirror which resides in Japan,
>  will be able to serve the Asia region.
>
> Two problems - the first line now seems to say that they're just
> helping us to announce this, and the punctuation of the descriptive
> relative clause in the second line is wrong.  Try:
>  The Debian Project is pleased to announce that thanks to the help of SAKURA
>  Internet, Inc, there is a new host behind security.debian.org. The new mirror,
>  which resides in Japan, will be able to serve the Asia region.
>
> This could be improved if we knew for sure what we were announcing!

The new host is a additional machine in the official security.debian.org
mirror network, which now gives better RTT for the whole asia region and
a better geo redundancy.  Maybe that helps for understanding why this
machine is so important.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster