Re: Bits from the Publicity Team

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 01:27:52PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 12:58:24PM +0100, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
> > - Submitting a post to https://bits.debian.org
> >
> > You can submit a blog post to bits.debian.org when you have something
> > interesting to announce that's not so  serious that it needs a press release or
> > you want to expand in a press release with data, photos, etc, in a more informal
> > way. You also can ask for a re-post of the announce from your personal blog.
> >
> > To submit a blog post, you only need to write your post using markdown. You can
> > use the template at
> > https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debbits/debbits.git/plain/template.md and then
> > submit it to the mailing list or contact the editors in IRC.
>
> I was motivated by Ana's post to submit what I submitted as bits some
> hours ago as Debian Med bits.  I'm not sure whether:
>
>   1. Things posted on debian-devel-announce should be repeatet on
>      https://bits.debian.org
>   2. How the Bit should be formated since the suggested template does
>      not contain any headlines I wonder whether you expect more than
>      one bit at all.
>
> So if you think the posting is OK according to 1. please tell me how I
> should properly format 2. if there is some additional work needed.  I'd
> happily do this.  Otherwise it might be that Ana's explanation is not
> sufficient for dumb people like me to understand https://bits.debian.org
> and a more verbose explanation might help.  BTW, the bits were also
> just publeshed on planet ... so feel free to reject my text since it
> is just published in a sufficient manner.
>
> Thanks for your very important work I highly regard

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for not replying before, I wanted to take some time to elaborate
the reply so it is useful for similar situations in the future.

First of all, your post was perfectly formatted :) I won't publish it
because as you mentioned, it has been already published in plenty of
other places (d-d-a, blogpost in planet) and it has probably already
arrived to the intended audience. The text is a report and it doesn't
fit the bits.d.o style that's usually less information, highlighting
a few things and giving hints to where find more.

What I would love publishing is a more general blog post about what
is Debian Med, what you have done so far, what are your plans for Jessie
and in the near future and how to join you. You could see it as a recruiting
post for both users and developers. What do you think?

Ana