Re: Debian identi.ca account/group after migration to pump.io

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Laura Arjona wrote:

> I could put workforce on this but I've never done it before, so I
> would need a link to "already done" hooks so I can study and learn, or
> some guidance by other person.

The one I wrote is here, there are a few other ones here:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debwww/cron.git;a=blob;f=scripts/reject_ssl_links;hb=HEAD
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debwww/cron.git;a=tree;f=scripts;hb=HEAD

Some documentation for CVS commit hooks is here:

http://www.pragmaticautomation.com/cgi-bin/pragauto.cgi/Monitor/LettingCVSPullTheTrigger.rdoc/style/print
http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.23/cvs_18.html#SEC178

> This I think I didn't understand very well.
> If that www.debian.org place is public, and it has RSS feed, we can
> post automatically to identi.ca with brdcst.it each 30 minutes (not
> more frequently, I'm afraid, but less frequently is possible).
> If by "sent to www.debian.org" you mean a commit to the web CVS
> repository, I don't know how this could be done, but probably it can
> be done too (with the commit hooks you mentioned before).

Yes, I meant commit to the webwml CVS repository (perhaps to
www.d.o/News/short or similar) and have those messages sent
automatically (via RSS/etc) to
identica/statusnet/twitter/facebook/etc.

> * I can send an invitation, but I need to know to which email address
> (ideally, a person knowing the @debian password at identi.ca)
> * That person would accept the invitation and login to brdcst.it
> * Brdcst.it does not create accounts for login, and it's not possible
> to login with the identi.ca account (broken!). It allows to login
> with: OpenID, MyOpenID, Mozilla Persona, Launchpad, several non-free
> services (google, facebook, twitter...). But you can login with one
> account and manage the bridges for another account (for example, I
> login with my Google mail, and later I manage my identi.ca/quitter.se
> accounts to setup bridges). So if Debian, institutionally, has no
> account to login, but the person that handles the @debian identi.ca
> account has, the bridge can be done (I know it's not good this way,
> but in any case, it's a transitional solution...)

Debian doesn't have any accounts for that. Several folks have access
to the debian identi.ca account. I have a Launchpad account I suppose
I could use.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity#Persons_with_access_to_Debian.27s_identi.ca_account

--
bye,