Re: RC-stats paragraph on DPN

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas.nussbaum@loria.fr> wrote:
On 13/11/12 at 13:31 +0100, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

> I think that we should rely on Richard's blog post, which provides
> detailed statistics. I believe there is more value in the detailed
> statistics, for data a few days old, than in the two numbers we collect
> from udd, which anyway risk to differ from the value the readers could
> get from the same query, because of the volatility of the number of
> bugs. We could mention explicitly that the numbers from Richard's post
> give the status for (the end of) a particular week, a point the readers
> to the UDD link if they want current values.

If that's helpful, you can generate your own data with the same queries as
Richard's from http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/rcblog.cgi

I agree with Cedric that the more detailed stats are useful and they would prolly overload DWN. Yet, having a persistent, immutable copy is interesting, both for immediate and historic purposes.

I am not saying it has to be on my blog, but I don't mind continuing to do it, either.

The main thing is that the data gets pushed to DWN and the planet.

Richard