Re: possible worth a press release: debian.org goes private cloud

Hi there!

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:48:34 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 01:12:16PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
>> On Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 13:58:01 +0200, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
>> > I think that being donations involved, the (general) press release +
>> > (technical detailed) blogpost is the best solution.
>> > As the press release will be targeted to general public, it would be a
>> > good idea to address some questions like:
>
> I like the idea of doing some communication about this, thanks Martin
> for throwing it in the bucket. I must admit that, imvho, this is the
> kind of stuff that would fit more a post on "the official debian blog"
> than a full-blown press release. But lacking the first one, the latter
> would have to do.
>
> (So, while we're at it: any news on the blog infrastructure front? :-P)

Not to reiterate something old, but the official Debian blog could be
the best suited for such news, IMHO a "press release" is something
completely different and has a stronger meaning (especially in this case
that we are giving credits to those who spent money for Debian).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca