Re: Der Einfall der DebConf

Hi,

sorry to intrude in a mostly l10n-german discussion, but I'd like to
add my 2 cents.

I can't obviously judge on the severity of this translation error, nor -
not being a German speaking person - on the general quality of Erik's
work.
But I'd like to point out that Erik is an hardworking and
helpful contributor who works a lot in translating publicity material -
DPN and announcements - in a timely manner. He is always polite and
helpful.
As said, not speaking German, I can't really understand the severity of
this error. But what I understand clearly is that it is an *error*.
In Italy we have a proverb which translates as "Who does not do
anything, certainly doesn't make mistakes".

I'd also like to point out, as others did in this thread, that if Erik is
wrong, then the reviewers are also wrong. ;)

Thus, revoking his commit access seems to me a bit overreacting, while I
understand the good faith of Alexander in doing it.
My suggestion (as said, as an outsider) is to reactivate his account
and to pay more attention in the future while reviewing translations.

Cheers,

Francesca

--
"Nostra patria è il mondo intero