Simple pre-installed and pre-configured Debian/KDE computers for new users

Good morning dear debian developers

I was made aware of Debian Publicity by Paul Wise on the Debian project
mailing list where I informed the Debian project about my attempt to sell with
Debian and KDE softwrae pre-installed and pre-configured computers to new
users. For more information see the press annoucement at the bottom of this
mail.

Two weeks ago I sent a first request of inclusion on
http://www.debian.org/distrib/pre-installed and today the second.

And the reason why I write you is that I would be nice if you could write
something about my project in your next press or news annoucement? So if there
are any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Oh and please CC: as I'm not subscribed to this Debian mailing list.

Thanks and kind regards
Mario
FOX Elektronix - Fux

PS: Here comes the annoucement:

Berlin, Germany. Desktop Summit

Simply simple Computers
www.asimplecomputer.com

Finally you can order a simple, robust and free computer system with pre-
installed and pre-configured programs. Never was it easier to enter into the
world of computers. Simply order, unpack, connect and kick off. The pre-
installed KDE software on the universal operating system from Debian offers
you an intuitive and safe system for fun, studying, creativity and work.

Starting from Monday 15th of August 2011 you can order one of the three
following models:

  - Elephant: a robust notebook, that really does it all
  - Rose: a netbook, with power for more than 9 hours
  - Apricot: a mini-computer, thrifty in power consumption and disappearing
behind the screen

The pre-installed KDE software provides programs to read and write e-mails and
as well as for the administration of contacts and dates. Further programs make
it possible to create letters and texts, to work with numbers and tables and
to create presentations for friends or the company.

What's more, the fun and creativity in school, in everyday life or in the
company doesn't get a raw deal. On your new computer you will find educational
software for different topics, a selection of games and programs for video
cutting, painting and drawing and for the simple grabbing of pictures and
small movies.

Likewise we support you with the management and enjoyment of your music and
video collections. There is another pre-installed program ready to help you
keep track of your finances.

With every device we also deliver a personalized printed manual which
introduces you in a simple and intuitive way to the work and fun with your new
computer. But of course we don't leave you alone with the start into a new
world or with problems. Each device includes three help requests. To this end
we will help you via email to solve your problem. Afterwards, you can get
simple and inexpensive further help.

In times of climate change we watch for environment-friendly packings, the
printing of the manual and documents and further green materials. This
complements in a perfect way the selection of computers which consume less
power and use less space.

Starting with the first three models we are going to upgrade our offer with
tablet computers, media centers, servers and selected services in the next
months. Of course we are watching the IT market tracing new trends and
including them in our offers after thorough tests. It's well possible that
you'll soon find a mobile phone with KDE software on our website.

By buying one of our computer models you are supporting the free software
projects KDE and Debian. Five Euro of each bought device got to each KDE and
Debian.

Contact:
FOX Elektronix - Fux
Mario Fux
Dorfstrasse 108
3911 Ried-Brig
Switzerland
Phone: +41787684260
Email: press@asimplecomputer.com

About FOX Elektronix - Fux:
FOX Elektronix - Fux is a small Swiss company which has been working with free
software (open source software) for more than 10 years. It is the goal of the
company to offer affordable, safe and fun bringing computers based on free
software. Their range of products is continuously updated and extended. Due to
the educational background of the company they pay special attention to the
education sector. Most of the installed programs are based on software of the
KDE and Debian projects.

About KDE:
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source
software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern
desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity
and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories
including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment,
educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated
into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern
accessibility principles in mind. KDE4's full-featured applications run
natively on Linux, BSD, Solaris, Windows and Mac OS X.
http://www.kde.org

About Debian:
Debian is a free operating system (OS) for your computer. An operating system
is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your computer run. Debian
uses the Linux kernel (the core of an operating system), but most of the basic
OS tools come from the GNU project; hence the name GNU/Linux.
Debian GNU/Linux provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 29000
packages, precompiled software bundled up in a nice format for easy
installation on your machine.
http://www.debian.org

Trademark Notices. KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered
trademarks of KDE e.V. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX
is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other
countries. All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this
announcement are the property of their respective owners.