Re: Request for review and translations

[ adding stable@release.d.o to CC. Sorry for the longish quote. ]

Hi!

* Meike Reichle <meike@debian.org> [110623 14:02]:

[ 6.0.2 announcement ]

> > It contains the paragraph:

> >  installation media accompanied with the package archive respectively will
> >  be available soon at the regular locations.</p>
> >
> > Can I please beg you (and any other Germans reading this) never to use
> > the word "respectively"?  Any sentence where you feel it ought to be
> > added either doesn't need it or should probably be rephrased to avoid
> > it.  In this case I genuinely cannot tell what you're trying to say,
> > so I'm going to have to trim it to something intelligible:

> >  will be available soon at the regular locations.</p>
> >
> > (We don't offer any media that are "accompanied with the package
> > archive", so I've just thrown that phrase out.)
>
> Uhm, I am not sure who actually wrote that (and must say, even with a
> solid background in Germish I cannot really parse it either :)). So I'll
> leave this to the author and set a mental not never ever to use
> respectively again ;)

Funny, I never read the announcement thorougly, thinking as english
native speakers where involved, it should be fine ;)

We get the text from the release team directly; AFAIK it is created by
some script, so that should be fixed there I think.  But I'm where that
resides, so no patch.

Best Regards,
  Alexander