-news post about gsoc acceptance (?)

Heya, I've noticed (by looking at the actual list of accepted projects
[1]) that Debian has been accepted as an organization for gsoc 2011.
That is great but, apparently, not necessarily to be taken for granted,
given that, apparently, this year google wanted to have in a lot of
entirely new projects (50 over a total of 175 projects).

What do you think about coordinating with -publicity a debian-news post
about the fact that Debian has been accepted as an organization for gsoc
2011?

If that is compatible with the timeline you imagined, I guess we can
also take the chance of that post to call for other things, like
students and/or project applications.

Thanks in advance for considering the possibility!
Cheers.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2011/debian