Re: posting planet.d.o article announcements to @planetdebian

Hi,

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 06:23:03PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > And why don't you talk to the planet people first and ask them if it
> > would be possible to integrate something directly into the Planet
> > code?
>
> Well, simply because the thought didn't occur to me. Raphael has already
> set up something similar to syndicate security announcements via @debian
> (I presume he is doing that using feed2omb—see #598660—although I'm not
> sure). It would be trivial to do the same for Plant via @planetdebian.

Indeed, I'm using feed2omb for this.

> If you, as Planet maintainers, have reasons to prefer a solution more
> integrated with Planet code, I'll be more than happy to give you access
> to @planetdebian.

Same here, I can disable my feed2omb runs at any time.

It runs now twice an hour and will post a maximum of 3 dents at once. I
had to hack the configuration a bit to replace &#xxx; with real
characters, it's not perfect but it should cover the set of characters
used in the names of current planet contributors.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)