Re: ISOs to burn for a FOSS event in Italy next week

Hi all,

in DebianDayPT we usually hand out live cds and the reception is quite good.
This year we handed out a snapshot (an alpha release, iirc) of Squeeze.
(although this year less public/CDs taken - which i believe for other reasons)

Anyway, i would go for Squeeze LiveCDs to preview the eminent release
(GNOME/KDE, i386/amd64). This way the user is allowed to experience Debian
without having to install it, and - this is the good part :) - it allows also
to install debian. It has the debian installer too.
Also, Squeeze gets the first (p)reviews and is further tested before the
release.

In my personal opinion: Most of users run desktops and as we are almost in
2011 - go for the next release as a preview.

The Cons:
	- LiveCDs aren't LiveCDs anymore - they are LiveDVDs.
	- No cover as nice as the one from current stable! (the blue in the
photo bellow).
	- daily builds do _need_ to be tested before start burning CDs :P

1 - http://debiandaypt.debianpt.org

Images of the DVDs:
http://picasaweb.google.com/109969297984739662157/DebianDayPT2010?feat=directlink#5522066676471039250
http://picasaweb.google.com/109969297984739662157/DebianDayPT2010?feat=directlink#5521334711401155922