Re: Procedure for announcements and events

On Oct 6, 2010, at 19:58, Michael Hanke wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Michael,

> I posted an announcement draft for review on the list [0], got immediate
> that I simply have to contact the press team to get it published. I did
> that by emailing press@debian.org, but got no response for three days.
> That is not much waiting, and I suspect everybody is simply busy, but I
> also contacted events@debian.org and also got no response for six days
> now.

Hmm. I must have missed it on the press list. I apologize.

> Did I use the right channels?

Yes, I think so. I will add that Debian-publicity seems to have a fair amount of traffic and one usually gets good response there.

> Since this particular event already happens in about a month, maybe I
> can do something to facilitate things? Are announcements processed in a
> similar way as ProjectNews (SVN, WML)? Is there a similar repository for
> Debian events?

There is nothing like that set up that I know of. Usually people send a sample of their proposed announcement here to debian-publicity. If you do that I promise to take a look at it right away (barring force majeure of course.)

Warm regards,

Jeremiah