Re: Debian Project News 2010/05 frozen, please review and translate

On 2010-06-25 18:03, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
Hi!

Hi!

I just finished the last bits for the latest issue of the Debian Project
News to be release on Monday.  I would appreciate reviews and translations.

Instructions can be found on http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

Best regards,
   Alexander

Thank you Alexander. Here are my remarks:

Further updates include the Linux kernel itself as well as the
debian-installer.
This is a little loose; "as well as debian-installer" would be more correct.

Debian Project Leader Stefano Zacchiroli, proposed some <a
href="http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2010/06/debian_meeting_guidelines_RFC/";>guidelines
for meetings inside the Debian Project</a>.

No comma here (unless you want to add a non-restrictive appositive).

Debian Auditor Luk Claes sent an <a
href="http://lists.debian.org/4C24E91E.4000405@debian.org";>overview of the most
important financial flows</a> of money hold on Debian's behalf.

I believe "hold" should read "held".

initramfs maintainer Michael Prokop <a
href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2010/06/msg00393.html";>called for testing of initramfs-tools 0.97</a>, a tool used to create an inital ramdisk
file to boot a system.

Typo; s/inital/initial/.

The section on RC bugs uses 3 different hyphenations: "RC-bug", "release critical bug" and "release-critical bug". IMO the correct hyphenation is "release-critical bug".

That section is very confusing. Although I can see how the math was done when looking at the blog post (assuming the numbers need an update), the section still looks broken, going into some details but ignoring others. One solution could be to stick to a very short summary, stating that, roughly speaking, *approximately* 163 bugs (the lowest number) remain to be solved before the next release, keeping the reference to the blog post.