Re: BSP in Bordeaux (France) during LSM/RMLL, 6-11 July 2010

On 11:30 Thu 17 Jun     , Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Hi people,
>   full quote to your benefit below, from a post on -events-eu.
> I believe it would warrant a news item on the website, doesn't it?
>
> Xavier, would you be so kind to take care of preparing a news item (it
> will essentially boil down to see whether someone from -publicity has
> amendments to propose for your text, and finally mail a "OK, it's ready"
> message to the list when done).

Thanks Stefano. Here is a draft for a news entry. Im not a native english
speaker so help is very welcome. :)

Debian Project At LSM/RMLL 2010
===============================

6-11 July 2010
--------------

The Debian Project is happy to announce that it will be represented at
the LSM/RMLL event in Bordeaux, France, this year. At the booth, members of the
project will be available for questions and discussions and will give a preview
of the new version Debian 6.0 "Squeeze", which is expected to be released this
year.

The Debian project invites users, developers and everyone else interested to
visit the booth and ask questions, discuss technical issues and meet the Debian
project and its developers in person.

As for lot of organized Debian booth, goodies and Tshirts will be selled there.

More information at http://debian.org or contact Xavier Oswald
<xoswald@debian.org>.

About LSM/RMLL
--------------

2010 Libre Software Meeting is a free (as a beer and as a speech) and non
commercial conference with talks, workshops and round tables about Free
Software and its uses. The LSM goal is to provide a place for exchange between
Free Software developers, users and stakeholders.

LSM is organized this year in Bordeaux from 6th to 11th of July, 2010 by a set
of local LUGs and organizations with the help of several public and private
sponsors.

More information at http://2010.rmll.info/?lang=en

Debian related talks:
---------------------

Debian Edu Blend - by Adreas Tille
DebianEdu/Skolelinux - by Xavier Oswald and Christian Kuelker
Debian Accessibility Blend  - by Andreas Tille
The Debian GNU/Linux project  - by Xavier Oswald
FusionForge, one year and a half later  - by Roland Mas

Bug Squashing Party:
--------------------

In order to help Debian for the release of Debian Squeeze, there will be a
Bug-Squashing-Party holding during LSM/RMLL.

Even if you are not a Debian developer, but are interested in helping
Debian to get all the open release critical bugs fixed, you're welcome
at the BSP. There will be enough developers around to sponsor your NMUs.

Some more information about BSPs and RC-Bugsquashing can be found at [1] and
[2].

Coordination for the BSP is done on the wiki page[3].

[1] http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/rc-bugsquashing.html
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/BSP2010/Bordeaux

> Additionally, Xavier, do you know if someone is going to blog about that
> so that it ends up on planet? If not, I can do that (but I doubt I'll be
> able to attend the BSP, unfortunately :-/)

Most of the time, DDs blog about this after RMLL. I have not planned to blog
about it, feel free to blog something about that.

Greetings,
--
 ,''`. Xavier Oswald (xoswald@debian.org)
: :' : GNU/LINUX Debian Developer <http://www.debian.org>