Re: [Debconf-team] announce about debconf10 call for (monetary) help

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 08:34:10PM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> First draft:

Nice, thanks!

I've a different wording proposal for the paragraphs below, mainly
because I found the emphasize only/mostly sponsoring in disfavor of
small donations. Also, I've tried to add some "motivations" to donate /
become a sponsor.

> One excellent way to help DebConf is to become a sponsor. As Raphael
> Geissert wrote on his blog: "DebConf10 needs your help! That's right:
> it needs help from potential sponsors and donors to help cover the
> costs implied by this event. If you are interested in becoming a
> sponsor please contact sponsors [at] debconf.org, or if you want to
> make a donation please visit the debconf10 donations page."[0]
>
> Companies or organizations can donate money or if they prefer they can
> lend equipment for the conference. Current sponsors of DebConf10
> include Canonical, HP, Collabora, Bytemark, Univention and Google.

Alternative wording proposal:

  Alternatively, you can help DebConf10 by offering some money. Those
  money will be used to enable more Debian contributors, that currently
  cannot attend since they are short on money for the trip, to attend the
  conference and make there cool hacks to improve Debian even further. You
  can contribute money by either becoming a sponsor (if you are a company)
  or donating some money individually.

  As Raphael Geissert wrote on his blog: "DebConf10 needs your help!
  That's right: it needs help from potential sponsors and donors to help
  cover the costs implied by this event. If you are interested in becoming
  a sponsor please contact sponsors [at] debconf.org, or if you want to
  make a donation please visit the debconf10 donations page."[0]

  Companies or organizations can, in addition to money donation, lend
  equipment for the conference. Current sponsors of DebConf10 include
  Canonical, HP, Collabora, Bytemark, Univention, and Google; we thank
  them for their support already!

I've also changed some other bits here and there.

What are the plans to send this out? Do you have in mind a press release
once the above content is ready or something else?

Cheers.