Re: Integrating reviews and translations in the Debian Project News

On Mar 29, 2010, at 20:47, Simon Paillard wrote:

> [ debian-l10n-french in BCC, in the case someone want to comment ]
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:23:41PM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
>> There is currently an new attempt ongoing to get the Debian Project
>> News (DPN), the successor of our news letter "Debian Weekly News",
>>
>> This opens a couple of questions, boiling down to "will it work for you"?
>>
>> * Would native English reviewers prefer to review the frozen issue
>> or review while it's still being edited?

Either / Or, it doesn't matter to me.

>> * Would it cause a big problem for translators, if it reviewing and
>> translating is done in parallel?
>
> I fear some reviews can rephrase the DPN so much that translators get
> lost.
> Maybe coordinate closer with -l10n-english so that reviewing on a per
> item basis ?

Sure, I suppose it can't hurt. But if people are interested in helping with translation maybe they can hang out on the debian publicity list? Makes it easier to have a centralized spot for communication.

>> * I guess one weekend is okay for you to finish the translation?

Usually the articles aren't too long? At least from what I remember.

>> So could someone please shed light on me, who's actively taking care
>> of sending announcements out to the following lists?
>>
>> debian-news		- Myself (jeremiah will help here)
> debian-news-french - Simon Paillard
>> debian-news-german	- I can send them there, but won't have time for
>> translations
>> debian-news-italian	- Last Mail 2007?#
>> debian-news-portuguese
>> debian-news-spanish