Re: Draft for lenny release announcement

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl schrieb:
> into Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 made it possible to ship Java based
> applications in Debians "main" repository.</p>

It is worth mentioning OpenJDK in Debian, but the conclusion is plain wrong and
doesn't honor all the other free java projects which make it possible to have
Java based applications in main. We do ship OpenJDK, but not as a default, and
we rely on other stable jre/sdk's to build the Java stuff in main. I suggest an
alternative wording:

The availability of OpenJDK, a free version of Sun's Java technology, into
Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 allows inclusion of more Java based applications ...

 - availability, not integration
 - doesn't use "makes it possible", because it it possible to ship
   most apps without OpenJDK.
 - doesn't single out OpenJDK as the only possibility to ship free
   java applications.

If it's too late to change this, please drop the whole paragraph.

  Matthias